Set Two Caring for Infant and Toddler Training Modules
The Caring for Infant and Toddler training can be completed on your own as quickly as you want. You can contact us at anytime for assistance as you complete the assignments.
To begin you will need to order the books. Once you have the books let us know you are ready to begin and that you have the infant toddler books.
Each module is Set Two and worth 15 hours of training. The 13 modules are divided between 2 books (one reading material and one educational activities).
Cost: Books approximately $90. Let Faye know when you have the books and are ready to begin.
Modules: $40 per module (pay as you complete modules)
Assignments: Emailed to you, you can complete and mail them to us with a check or scan and email them and we will email you an invoice to pay online.
Certificates: Emailed to you once the assignment is graded and invoice is paid.
Check out the modules Core Knowledge Categories
- Safe Infant and Toddler Programs: CKC Health, Safety & Nutrition – During this 15 hour training you will examine your environment and practices for safety. You will develop or make changes to your safety procedures and emergency practices using infant development as a guide. Develop a safety checklist for your program based on child development. Develop procedures to promote wellness in both indoor and outdoor environments.
- Healthy Infant and Toddler Programs: CKC Health, Safety & Nutrition – During this 15 hour training you will use your knowledge of infants and toddlers to develop and promote good health, sanitation and nutrition procedures. Examine causes and results of child abuse and develop reporting procedures. Explore health and nutrition practices for infants and toddlers, and how to implement these practices with the children.
- Developing a Learning Environment in Infant/Toddler Programs CKC Learning Environments & Curriculum – During this training you will explore strategies for creating infant and toddler learning environments. You will learn about the physical environment as well as the routines and structures that occur within it. You will also learn about how to select and use the materials and toys you use in your environment.
- Physical Development of Infants and Toddlers – CKC 3 hours Learning Environments & Curriculum, 6 hours Human Growth & Development, 6 hours Observation & Assessment – Participants will explore approaches to create an environment that will encourage the physical development of infants and toddlers. You will exam ways to support and promote the physical development of infants and toddlers. Participants will explore techniques to observe and assess the development of infants and toddlers.
- Exploring Infant/Toddler Cognitive Development: CKC 10 hours Human Growth & Development and 5 hours Learning Environments & Curriculum – During this training you will use your knowledge of infant and toddler development to explore methods of encouraging cognitive development. You will learn about infants and toddlers using their senses to explore and how providers can interact in ways that enhance this exploration of the world.
- Strategies for Enhancing infant/toddler Communication Development: CKC 10 hours Human Growth & Development and 5 hours Learning Environments & Curriculum – In this training you will examine ways to promote communication skill development in infants and toddlers. You will explore ways to create an environment that will encourage exploration with sounds and language. You will develop a practice to use pictures, print, and books to encourage communication. Participants will explore techniques to observe and assess language development in infants and toddlers.
- Developing Creativity in Infant/Toddler Programs: CKC Learning Environments & Curriculum. – Participants will explore a variety of materials and activities to promote infants’ and toddlers’ creativity. You will explore strategies and tools to encourage creative expression through art, music and movement. Examine how to support creativity through positive interactions.
- Developing the Infant/Toddler Sense of Self CKC 10 Diversity and 5 Human Growth & Development – Participants will explore strategies to develop programs that reflect the cultures and diversity of the infants and toddlers families. You will also explore principles to develop a sense of self in infants and toddlers. Participants will examine strategies to promote success in the infants and toddlers in their care.
- Supporting Infants & Toddlers Social Development: CKC 10 hours Human Growth & Development, 5 hours Understanding & Guiding Behavior. – Participants will examine infant and toddler behaviors based on their knowledge of development. Participants will explore social development practices that can be implemented into their programs. You will examine infant and toddler behaviors based on your knowledge of infant and toddler development.
- Positive Guidance Strategies for Infants & Toddlers: CKC Understanding & Guiding Behavior – Participants will examine positive guidance strategies to use with infants and toddlers. You will examine strategies to promote infants and toddlers managing their feelings and self control. You will examine infants and toddlers development and temperaments to better understand how to guide their behavior.
- Supporting Families of Infants & Toddlers: CKC Families & Community Systems. – Providers will explore techniques to build partnerships with the families of the infants and toddlers in their care. You will develop a community resource list for children and families. Participants will develop strategies to support and empower families. Participants will develop strategies to resolve differences in positive respectful ways.
- Observing to Develop Infant/Toddler Child Care Program, CKC Observation & Assessment – During this training you will examine techniques to improve program management in infant/toddler programs. You will explore using portfolios, team evaluations, and team planning. You will explore ways to get and maintain information about the infant/toddler children in your program.
- Personal & Professional Development Strategies: CKC Personal, Professional & Leadership Development. – Participants will explore their own professionalism and how they will: Develop and implement advocacy steps they will use to advocate for the profession. You will exam your own professional development and develop a professional development plan to increase your knowledge and/or skills. Participants will use the code of ethics to develop responses of how they will apply these principles to improve your program.