The Caring for Pre-School Age Children training can be completed on your own as quickly as you have time. You can contact us at anytime for assistance as you complete the assignments.
To begin you will need to order the books. Once you have the books let us know you are ready to begin.
Each module is Set Two and worth 15 hours of training. The 13 modules are divided between 2 books (one reading material and one educational activities).
Cost: Books approximately $90. Let Faye know when you have the books and are ready to begin.
Modules $40 per module (pay as you complete modules)
Assignments: Emailed to you.
Certificates: Emailed to you once assignment is graded and invoice is paid.
Set Two Caring for Preschool Age Children Training Modules
1. Safe Preschool Programs: CKC Health Safety & Nutrition – During this 15 hour training you will examine your environment and practices for safety and develop a plan to make any necessary changes. You will develop safety checklists based on preschool age child development. Time will be allowed to explore implementation of these new practices.
2. Healthy Preschool Programs: CKC Health, Safety & Nutrition – You will explore infectious disease control practices. Participants will use their knowledge of preschoolers to develop and implement good sanitation, health and nutritional practices in preschool programs. You will examine health and nutrition practices for preschool age children, and explore how to model and teach healthy practices to children. Participants will examine child abuse and neglect causes, prevention and how to implement reporting practices.
3. Learning Environments for Preschool Programs CKC Learning Environments & Curriculum – During this training you will use your knowledge of preschoolers to develop and organize the preschool environment. Explore strategies to promote children’s development and learning through the use of learning centers. Participants will explore daily schedule and routine strategies.
4. Physical Development of Preschool Children: CKC 3 hours Learning Environments and Curriculum, 4 hours Observation and Assessment, 8 hours Human Growth & Development – Participants will explore strategies to provide equipment and tools to promote the physical development of preschool age children. You will examine strategies to promote children’s gross motor, fine motor and overall physical development. You will use your knowledge of child development to create environments that support physical development. Participants will explore strategies to use observations and assessments for program planning and curriculum implementation.
5. Cognitive Development in Preschool Age Children: CKC 5 hours Learning Environments & Curriculum and 10 hours Human Growth & Development – Participants will explore strategies to support cognitive development using curriculum and the environment. Examination of how children construct their own understandings of the world. Explore how you can allow preschool children to explore and investigate and interact with others in ways that stimulate thinking and problem solving skills. Participants will explore effective approaches, strategies, and tools integrating language, literacy, math, science, social studies, the arts and technology.
6. Developing Communication Skills in the Preschool Age Child: CKC Learning Environments & Curriculum. – During this training you will explore approaches to enhance children’s receptive and expressive communication skills. You will explore strategies to create literacy rich environments. You will explore approaches to help preschool age children learn about the sounds and structure of language.
7. Strategies to Enhance the Development of Creativity in Preschool Children: CKCs Learning Environments & Curriculum – During this 15 hour training you will use your knowledge of preschool age child development to explore strategies to encourage children’s creativity and self-expression. This course will include examination of ways to use music, movement, art and the related materials to develop an environment that encourages exploration and experimentation by preschool children.
8. Developing a Child’s Sense of Self: CKC Human Growth & Development, Preschool age. – During this class you will explore methods to develop children’s sense of self and ways to implement a program that promotes success for all preschool age children. You will also examine how the language teachers use effects children’s self-esteem.
9. Developing Social Skills in Preschool Age Children CKC 5 hours Learning Environments & Curriculum and 10 hours Human Growth & Development -During this training you will explore ways to help preschool age children develop positive social skills. You will explore methods for teaching social skills and approaches to encourage skill development by creating an environment that encourages the development of friendships and caring behaviors.
10. Preschool Guidance & Discipline: CKC Understanding and Guiding Behavior – During this 15 hour training you will examine ways to positively guide children’s behaviors. The course will include guiding children to use problem-solving skills and self-discipline to solve disputes.
11. Developing Relationships with Preschool Children’s Families: CKC Families & Community Systems – During this training you will explore techniques to build partnerships with families. You will explore methods of encouraging family participation and ways the child care program can provide support for preschool age children’s families. You will also explore your own views of families.
12. Observing to Develop Preschool-Age Child Care Programs CKC Observation & Assessment – During this training you will examine techniques to improve program management in preschool age programs. You will explore using portfolios, team evaluations, and team planning. You will explore ways to get and maintain information about the preschool age children in your program.
13. Professionalism in Preschool Programs CKC Personal, Professional & Leadership Development. – During this training you will explore professional standards and ethics. You will explore methods to grow as a professional and apply your knowledge and skills.